Monday 14 July 2008

The past

Now I know how people start living in the past. It only takes a song and you’re there. You’re there, revisiting painfully your older, more glorious self. You start remembering when you life was not full of the things you ‘have to’ do. I know I sound clishé, it seems impossible to avoid this being clishé thing, especially here in the blog. It seems to me though, that these stupid social constraints are to blame for so many things: I cannot go out and drink and be funny and be loud anymore (at least not in the company of my ‘serious’ friends). I cannot afford to fuck around and do a radio show, like I used to when I was 18. Now I have to publish or perish. Stupid academia, stupid boring academia. I hate this stupid life that cannot afford us with a spare moment of boredom.

Vive la différance!

No comments: