Sunday 27 July 2008

The kindness of strangers

The nights in Athens are very hot. Heat in general, is different in Greece. It comes with a greasiness and a drowsiness that you don’t find anywhere else. It comes with a sluggishness and a νωχελικότητα that can only be found here.

I just came here 2 hours ago or something and I am already feeling relaxed. I need to feel that kind of relaxation, I need to feel that I can be drowsy and not do much all day.

I always get this open network here, and I think that the person who has it is my friend and lets me use it implicitly. My network in Belfast is also open and I do it for him, this random guy in Greece that lets me surf in the middle of the night. Tonight, though, there’s no network. I wanted to post this now, at 4 in morning, from my hot apartment in Athens, but I can’t.

Tomorrow maybe.

No comments: