Saturday 11 April 2009

Sick

My mouth is dry: I cannot breathe from my nose and I keep it open all the time. My eyes are painful and glassy, I feel I have a fever. My nose os blocked, I cannot breathe at all. The worst thing from all this is that I cannot taste anything. I cannot smell anything either, but not being able to taste anything is worse. I make a sandwich, and I know what it has inside. I know it has cheese and ham and that the bread is focaccia. I eat it and all I feel is that it's hot. I feel the texture of the bread and the cheese and the ham in my mouth as I chew. But I cannot remember the taste. All of a sudden I remember the scene in the Matrix:



In the scene, he betrays the resistance just so that he can eat again a steak and enjoy it and have his brain be brainwashed that it's a steak, instead of the 'real' porridge they eat in Nebuchadnezzar. "Ignorance is bliss" he says.

I feel sick today and I feel awful. I feel that my sense will never come back, I feel that I will never understand what I'm eating again. I feel desperate. But I know this is not real, and that soon focaccia bread will taste again like focaccia bread. And I will be sick no more.

No comments: