Friday 17 April 2009

Loud music saves souls

What is it that makes my heart crave for loud music in times of turmoil? I want to block my thoughts and what better way to do it than listen to whatever I feel like loudly? I like to dance, clubs are cathartic. Chemical brothers overload. I dance at home, frantically, my neighbors must hate me, I am sure. But I do not care. I cannot sing, so I must dance. I want to go to all the rave festivals this summers. I want to go to Glastonbury and sleep in the mud. I want my eardrums to hurt from the loud beats. I want to dance.

New music does not move me (just like a movie). I need my old stuff, the things I know, the things I love, only they make me happy. Especially repetitive, house-y tracks that stroke my soul. Repetitive music strokes the soul. Oh, I am so poetic, aren't I? So, true to the spirit of this post here is some classic, beloved Chemical Brothers, that will never ever let me down.

1 comment:

Mike said...

loud music keeps the neighbors up all night