Friday 27 March 2009

time


Speaking of movies and life... I haven't seen a movie lately without relating it to my life. Big questions like: ''When I am going to meet the man of my destiny as I was promised in all these movies? Where is he? the one who will be waiting for me for so many years and when I say 'Sleep with me', he will just reply 'Absolutely!'
And most and above all, when will I go sailing with him in our own little sailing boat, witnessing all the phases of the moon and discovering our beautiful planet together? Not to mention the road trip to South America, the island hoping in Indonesia, the big Africa tour and the mount trekking in Nepal.. when? when will I do all these things?
I despite movies based on real stories; they just remind me that everything is possible and I am doing nothing. And the most painful thought is that I am running out of time. I somehow got trapped to this Monday-Friday life style when all I wish to do is enjoy life, love, my young body, the sleepless nights. This is my ambition. To go along with time, not just looking at it slipping away. I need to stop watching these movies. I need to stop thinking about time. Time is just to remind me that I only have one chance to live this very second..

3 comments:

Youkali said...

Movies lie to us because they fail to mention the Monday-to-Friday life that everybody has to deal with. That's part of life too.
There's always time to do everything. Saramago started to write when he was about 50. Very old writer, still got the Nobel. So, I'd say that in your case, and since we're only talking about island-hoping (please, not in Indonesia, anywhere but Indonesia), trekking in Nepal and South America, there's plenty, tones of time. :)

Lady V said...

"I need to stop thinking about time", that's a good idea d/a, the more you think about it, the more anxious you will get and the more anxious you get, the more you'll get frustrated for not doing enough.

You have such an adventurous character that always amazes me, you make me feel so old, so set in my ways, so non-adventurous. But I guess, we're so different and that's why, as you say, "you complete me".

Seriously now though, the line you quote from Benjamin Button is corny. :-)

d/a said...

Thank you, ladies for your feedback! It seems that I have a different sense of time and a different list of things that need to be done before a certain age, e.g. 30. and since I haven't done them, I need to grow slowly or... change my list. I will try to do both, hehe!