Tuesday 17 March 2009

Fuck off vibes

So, my friend d/a told me about this concept that I found very interesting. The issue has to do with women who are nice, dynamic, successful etc yet they cannot seem to find a man to suit them, accept them and make them happy. (I already realize that this sounds like a cliché, but bear with me, it gets better.) So the question is (the eternal question I would say) why is it so? What do these women do wrong?

And the answer is... they emit fuck off vibes. Their attitudes are like, fuck off, I'm great, I have succeeded by myself all my life, I'm better than you, I don't need you one bit, but do you want to be my boyfriend? I realize that this is a fairly anti-feminist thing to say, but I shall persevere because I think that although it sounds politically incorrect, it might be true at some level.

The answer to this anti-social behaviour is, according to a friend of d/a, daily exercises of 'femininity' of sorts. So, apparently, these kick-ass women, in order to get rid of the hostility they ooze, they need to do daily exercises whereby they ask for something from various men. They can go around asking for help in fixing photo-copying machines, lifts, help with doors, lifting things and other girlie things. They can also go around asking for help with their jobs, help in understanding things etc. They other part of the exercise involves women addressing every potential man they talk to, as 'the one'. In other words, they have to flirt with everyone.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, wtf are you saying that women need to sabotage themselves, undermine themselves in the eyes of men, in order to be accepted by them? Well, that is definitely one way to look at this. But there is another way, no? We can all see it just as indulging men's egos, and nothing else. We don't need to think it's a big deal, it's just an exercise in style, not substance.

Or not?

3 comments:

d/a said...

hahaha... I love the way you reform our conversations in words..you are so gifted when playing with words, lady V! I can only assume that you are doing your exercises daily and in some strange way you are flirting with your readers! Are you writing your posts as if they are viewed by the world's most handsome and clever men? If the answer is yes, well done! ! !

Lady V said...

That's an interesting comment, d/a: is my ideal reader also my ideal boyfriend? Should I start writing things like: so, I am writing this, siting on my chair, wearing nothing but (...)!!! No, I cannot do that! We run a family blog here! Ha ha ha...

Hello Kitty said...

Soooo funny! Miau!