Monday 22 June 2009

The kindness of strangers II

I didn't remember I had used this title before, but I like it so much. The previous post with the same title was somewhat simplistic and naive. I remember the heat of that night, I remember my bed in Athens, the bed that I will never go to again because we moved from that house. So many houses I will never see again. But I digress...

The beautiful quote from Tennessee Williams has always been in my heart from the first moment I heard it, somewhat out of place in Almodovar's 'all about my mother'. For me it always represents this state of mind, the state of mind of trust that I strive to achieve. Trusting others, accepting that not everything is up to you in life. Accepting that you cannot all do it alone, You do what you have to do, you do it well, and then it is up to others to give you what you want.

I am fairly zen, I have to say. I try to accept that it is not up to me much anymore.
And when I stress too much, I watch a bit of Lost...

1 comment:

Hello Kitty said...

Strangers are indeed kind, Lady V. I do believe in the goodness of others. I am an optimist, an idealist and (perhaps) naive ... but I also believe in fate. Above all, I think that the cosmic forces do ultimately take care of everything, no matter how rational we are and how organised we like to be. Enjoy lost and being zen and awaiting the outcome (of life). Lots of love and many thoughts always, Hello Kitty xxx