Tuesday 16 June 2009

Fatalism

The summer is here and although it is hardly notable where I live, I have to say I feel it. I feel the dampness in the air, the humidity and the heat, the green leaves, the occasionally blue sea. Even the rain feels different in the summer, it is, how to put it, kinder. It falls politely on you, not like autumn rain that is heavy and relentless. More importantly though, the summer is different because it feels sluggish and slow. It takes me twice the time to do anything that I am usualy doing, I am slow and absent-minded. And I feel the anticipation. By the end of this summer things will have changed. Things are changing as we speak, my chopped nails tell me so. Change is scary, change is fucking scary, but you know what? What if it is? I say, bring it on. Things have to change, and they do, regardless whether we're afraid of that or not. And all these painfully true clishés, show their painfully true face: whatever happens, happens. This phrase is so simple and overused that it's also devoid of meaning. But when you feel it in your bones, that whatever happens, happens, and that there's nothing you can do with it, that no matter what YOU do, whatever happens, happens, then you feel ok. You almost feel zen. You feel like, fuck it man, whatever happens, happens.
Bring it on and konichiwa bitches.

No comments: