Tuesday 8 January 2008

Praise for the electricity of the human mind!*

This is the first morning I have to myself, after two weeks of being back home and I'd like to write a small post, although I am not sure I know what I want to say.

Returning, it is always nice. Leaving again (tomorrow), how will that be? I might be a bit tired from the endless coming and going of the last 12 years of my life. It is always nice and refreshing, each place has its own charm. But I think I might be missing the stability of a home, where books don't stay in boxes waiting for the next move. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe you see a happy change of location in the blog soon.

Theatre in Athens in the winter: this is what I like to do when I come here. I saw nice things, interesting things, some Dostoyefsky, some Ovid and a new Greek playwriter, who wrote a powerful relentless play, Greece's version of Requiem for a dream. I went there with friends, always disagreeing, about what how theatre should be done in our times.

I am reading Samarcande by Amin Maalouf again, such a nice book. I always like returning to old books that I've read before. They give me the stability of an old friend. The beauty of tried and tested.

I don't have a new year's resolution this year. I am not sure why. I have a lot of things I want to do but I am not sure they should come in the form of a resolution. Will see...

In any case, happy 2008, blogger-friendly friends...

*The change of the translation of the title is due to my boyfriend. (Thanks baby!)

1 comment:

TH said...

Happy new year, good luck!