Friday 3 June 2011

Slow

Another week is almost over.
I sit sluggishly on the sofa, looking ahead at my empty day. I am not sure what I will do today, I don't have much to do anyway. Or, I do, but I have no brain power to start. I am sluggish too, slow, I only think of the summer.

I don't often have the time to slow down and think. I usually run around trying to do 500 things at once (and failing). When I was doing my PhD, I used to adore these slow days that I spent in my room. I used to work a bit (slowly, thinking about things in some detail and not just doing things) and then listen to a song and think about it, read a book and think about it, in general feel the things I was doing and not just doing them.

In this brief return to the severely underrated notion of sluggishness, I am spending my morning sipping coffee and browsing the net. I am reading on Greece and the situation there. It makes me sick to my stomach, I worry so much. My parents are nervous, my friends are nervous, and I am here. I have a good job and I live a good life. Nothing lasts forever, I know, and the UK finances are not exactly the healthiest in the universe, but I am fine.

I don't know what I would do if I was in Greece, I don't know what I would ask for.
I am reading, I am reading and I am still so confused. Whose fault is it? What can we do now? Is there anything that can be done and not leave Greece in ruins?

Thinking about these things, I despair and still I drink coffee and enjoy the sunshine and browse the net.
Fell sorry for ME.

No comments: