Tuesday 21 June 2011

Massive Attack (the past)

In the empty office, deserted from my disappeared colleagues, I am listening to Massive Attack. The offices next to me are being painted, the smell seeps the walls. The heating has been closed for the summer. The office is grey and cold.

You are my angel, come from way above, to bring me love.
(Loveme, loveme, loveme, loveme, loveme, loveme, loveme, loveme, loveme.....)

The sounds are familiar, eerie, otherworldly, but modern still.

Some things never change.

Angel will always sound perfect.

So will Heat Miser (thanks Hallo Kitty).

So will Risingson (Toylike people make me boylike)

So will everything else, including the sublime Paradise Circus from Heligoland.

Repeat.

Life is dark but beautiful, when you listen to Massive Attack.

No comments: