Monday 8 November 2010

Reinvention

Madonna is the queen of reinvention, or so people say. That's why she is so successful.

Sometimes she is a dirty 'virgin' with a 'boy toy' belt.
Then she becomes a live pin up in Dick Tracy.
Then she is an unstoppable nymphomaniac, circa 'satisfy my love' and the Steve Meisel book.
Then a siren/japanese geisha.
Then a cowgirl.
Then a disco queen.
Then a rapper.
And so on and so forth.

Lady Gaga follows big 'M' footsteps, having reinvented her style (copying Madonna relentlessly in the process) more times than one can count with one and only album (The Fame and the Fame monster are one album. Really.)

Every year around my birthday, I think about reinvention. Is reinvention the mother of rejuvenation, in other words do people keep themselves young when they reinvent their style?

I don't know.

I guess I should reinvent myself but I am too bored.
My self works fine for me, for the time being, I guess.

Until one year I wake up and feel this deep need to renew myself and become some sort of aerobic queen or something else equally preposterous.
Till then, let's have cocktails and celebrate our old and boring selves!!

No comments: