Saturday 24 January 2009

The porridge



It's a beautiful morning here, the sun is out and the cold is crisp, like a snowflake trapped inside your favourite ice cream flavour. When I make CD compilations for my friends I like to give them names and I have one that is called "crisp & cold", which has the song I post today.

It's not so much of a song this one, it's actually a blast from the past. I was listening to it obsessively some years ago, I think 4ish, when I was in Cam. I distinctly remember cycling to this song, going from my work (remember Hallo Kitty?) to my house and vice versa. It's awful cycling in the cold, but I didn't mind too much then, I think. What I find funny with these songs that mark an era, is the immediacy with which they bring back to you emotions and thoughts that you think are long gone. It is funny listening to the songs that marked a place in your past, listening them to a new place. And although you run the risk of them sounding out of place (and time for that matter) it's always good giving them a try.

So today what I am doing is enjoying my blast from the past: listening to old songs, making porridge, marveling at the winter sun. Σάν να μην πέρασε μιά μέρα, indeed.

No comments: