Monday 11 February 2008

Black Black heart



There's something amazing about a woman singing 'they tried to make me go to rehab and I said no, no, no' when she performs in a ceremony while on a break from ehm, rehab. If it was anyone else, I would disapprove, I am sure, but her, I cannot resist. They way she sang, for the first time in a long time sober, enjoying her moment, with her eyes shining at the camera. The way she hugged her mother, the way she said thank you to her record company. The way she stood in shock when her win was announced. The way she disappeared in the arms of her huge black backing singers, a tiny scared white girl with a black, black heart.

I don't know what amy is without the drugs, the pain, the problems and the charming decadence. I don't believe that a great artist needs so much drama, at least not all the time. A great artist has to go back to black but can take these black moments that every life has and turn them into ingenuity. The way amy does...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was also happy to see that 5 grammy awards will end up into her arms. I like Amy a lot and I wish I had written this post for her! Nevertheless, I was lucky enough to enjoy her last live performance in Brighton. There is something in her music, in her voice too.. I am glad if she is fighting her addictions, it's a very strong fight to give and it's a kind of a fight that you never know the winner until the very end. Cohgratulations, Amy, and good luck!