Sunday 20 November 2011

I know I've been a bad girl lately

I know I've been a bad girl lately:

- I post once in a blue moon (literally)
- I post uninspired, sad vs. angry posts
- I feel the world is against me

In a desperate attempt to wake up my non-existent readers, I am posting twice in two days: a-ma-zing.

In an additional desperate attempt to cheer us all up, I am introducing you to X-factor guardian's liveblog

For anyone not from the UK, this is the most serious newspaper blogging for X-facor/scum of the earth TV. But it's amazing. It's funny, it's clever, it's indispensable.

Which makes me think, does the fact that I am reading the guardian cancel out the shame of watching X-factor?

Youkali once said to me a wise thing (one of many): even intellectual people need to embrace shitty popular culture once and a while. Pretending to be an intellectual all my life, and always having an identity crisis when I liked so much TV crap, I felt instantly better. You?

Which brings me to this post's final point: because we need a balance in life, and because I desperately need to keep up with the intellectual pretenses, I started reading "the count of monte christo" last night. The original. The one with the 50000 pages. You can of course always ask what type of intellectual has still not read this book at the age of 33. That's an easy one, I'd say: a fake one.

Anyway, have a good Sunday people. Ah and wake up please, send me a comment.
Am I alone in all this?

No comments: