Wednesday 15 July 2009

The circle

It's funny how the mind works.

I get this thing sometimes, especially when I am among people I don't feel like being around with, when I close my eyes and I get a flash of another life, a flash of being somewhere completely different and this makes me feel in my own little world. This makes me feel secluded, it makes me feel myself. But it is also a bit scary, I think what if they knew what I was thinking, what if all these people knew where I really am in my mind when they think I am with them... My thoughts make a small circle around me, and I feel safe and alone. It often happens when I'm back in Greece and I get fed up with family and social obligations. Then I just sit in my corner, and I close my mind and I let everyone else think that I am there with them, while I am miles away, thinking of what I want. Thinking in English helps: a different language makes me even more secluded.

Long live my second tongue then that makes me feel free!

2 comments:

mike said...

I haven't lived in Greece, but I think that people there make a life on the basis of what other people want [usually family]. So I suppose that way of life continues through generations. A child makes it's way paved by it's parents and then the grown up child does the same and so on. So, everyone thinks that everyone else are surfing the same waves, living on a dream beach.
Soreal!

Hello Kitty said...

So true: I get that feeling here in Germany, too. It's great being polyglot and a citizen of the world, non? Avec plusieurs de vies ... xx