Friday 10 October 2008

Why I love this country

After a day of pouring rain, it is almost ironic that I'm writing a post with this title, but this is Friday after all and this is the day that I get constantly reminded why I like where I live. It is the day of Jonathan Ross and Jools Holland and tonight the latter kicked ass. If you're not living in the UK, then perhaps you don't know the eccentric Jools with the über eclectic music taste. Tonight started slow, with Coldplay in the studio, who after a slow start played the song of the night: 42, singing...

Those who are dead are not dead
They’re just living in my head
And since I fell for that spell
I am living there as well
Oh..

Time is so short and I’m sure
There must be something more

Amazing lyrics, I think, ones that I haven't listened for so long.
And then the true hidden jems of the show step in, Sia and Amy LaVere. Listening to them reminds me why it's important to let yourself be impressed by stuff you've never listened to before. Comfort of the known is nice, but newness, well newness is what it's all about.





Very different performances, but oh so sincere...
So, well done UK, God save the Queen.

No comments: