Friday 12 September 2008

Pulp is not lucky

After the silence, comes the storm, or so they say, don’t they?
After the long, lingering summer, I am back in the rain. I came back hastily, with high hopes but the Pulp song brought me no luck. It doesn’t matter, n’est-pas? It never does.

Throughout the summer, I was trying to think of something to post upon my return. Most of my thoughts though were petty, I was thinking of bad things to say about the people next to me in the beach or stupid lyrical thoughts about the beauty of the summer. I guess I won’t be writing any of this any time soon. Elitism and lyricism are not supposed to happen in autumn. Autumn is for new beginnings, like Mondays. Long live the new beginnings then, even if they mean that I will stay were I am and I won’t be moving anywhere East.

2 comments:

Youkali said...

Thinking about bad things to say about other people on the beach is always healthy exercise. And Pulp are a good band, I think, but perhaps not extremely enlightened about life.
New beginnings are a bitch. They never seem to fully happen, they are always delayed. However, and please forgive my massive cliché, it is true that sometimes we just need to wait a little bit. After that maybe we can, like Kika, find our 'orientation' in life, our new beginning. And now another massive cliché: no matter what, we need to look at the bright side of life, like the Python said. I don't think we have any other choice, right?

Lady V said...

No choice, truly. It is tiring sometimes though, moving on. Stagnation is an underestimated state.