Tuesday 20 May 2008

Random thoughts

1. Where does the laziness of Sundays come from?
Last Sunday, I was cycling through town and the atmosphere was so lethargic. It seemed as if the whole city was asleep, like nobody was there. On weekdays the road can also seem deserted sometimes (because people are at work) as well but weekdays never look like Sundays. I think there might be an independent substance of Sunday-ness that spreads around in cities on Sundays and makes them look as if they are inside a dream.

2. Why do electricity pylons in the UK look like Christmas trees?
Have you seen them recently? I was going to the airport and I would see a lot of them in a row and it looked like a strange procession of Christmas trees. Maybe leading to Christmas land, far far away. I don't know why I even mention this, it just seemed strange to me. And it was stranger that I only notice now.

No comments: