Thursday 13 September 2007

Personal but not a diary

I guess the question that one needs to address when starting a blog is what kind of blog it will be: a thematic one that has a sense of purpose or continuity or a more personal one where you discuss things that are on one's mind, ideas that come and go with the risk of becoming less interesting for people to read.

My love for writing comes and goes. Or to put it more accurately, my love for writing is always here, my discipline and my drive to do it comes and goes. I guess then, this blog is here to give me my drive back. It does me good to write, to put my ideas in coherent sentences, it clears up my head.

I don't want to get very personal however, only because I think that our ideas lose their force when we don't see how they can generalize. My earlier texts tried to do that by starting off from something general (an idea, a movie, a song) and became more personal, more specific to the things that I was going through at the time. I am going to include some of these texts, although they are old.

I hope my friends will contribute to this blog. When they do, they can write about whatever they want. This way we can be a collective, but hopefully an 'autonomous collective' :)

No comments: