Tuesday 14 July 2015

The bang and the whimper

How do things end? Is it with a bang or with a whimper, as TS Elliott famously wrote?

I think this could be a "goodbye blogosphere" post. No big words, not really needed. No real goodbyes, who reads anyway?

Since I started writing online, 2007 I think, I thought it was such a psychotherapy to write and analyse your thoughts and feelings. I wrote about loneliness and Harry Potter, about new year resolutions and Zatoichi, I loved writing about movies, haven't done so in a while.

Then, my daughter came and life became different. As my friend Youkalli put it, love of a child is so overwhelming that it's all you want to write about. But then, you really don't want to make your blog into a mommy blog, and how many times can you write meaningfully about motherhood?

The recent political situation in Europe and Greece have made me think a lot and want to write about it all. But then my thoughts leave me, I forget, I never have the time to develop them and turn them into something tangible and coherent. I am busy changing nappies, I think.

So, all this leaves me with not many options I guess. I don't want to delete my blog, I always like to reread stuff I've written, and somebody else might too, but I don't think I'll be using it much more from now. Thanks to anyone that read the thoughts of a Greek linguist. I'm still on Twitter, although there I mostly curse about politics.


No comments: