Thursday 24 January 2013

The Forest (instead of something else)

Today I woke up and I realised that I've missed listening to the Cure - random or what? And not Friday I'm in love and other overplayed pop anthems, but the moody, atmospheric dark gem that is A Forest.



When I was young, I think I was listening to the Cure when I was 16 - 17, I used to dream that I would make a video for that song, with the camera close to my face and me trying to go through a crazy rain forest (and not managing).

Anyway, I wanted to write about the linguistic brilliance of Lance Armstrong's "confession" to Oprah (truly an exercise in indirectness, I need to give it to my students), but that will have to wait. It was definitely much easier to reminisce about the Cure this morning: I'm lost in a forest, all alone... 

No comments: