Tuesday 3 July 2012

Photos

Coming back home, at least for me, often entails getting distracted with old photos. I just spent a good hour looking at ancient photos that made my heart jump. Most of them were badly taken, out of focus pictures taken at times of family bliss. In them, I managed to see myself extremely thin (it doesn't even look like me), drinking a beer from a tin (I don't drink beer anymore ), hugging people I don't even know existed, hugging ancient boyfriends and hanging out with friends that I don't see anymore with their boyfriends that they broke up with in what feels like the last century.

I saw my parents young, or at least younger, my mum with a killer bikini body I never knew existed, and no lines in her face. My father young, with a beard, like I've never seen before. I also saw people that have died, and I saw them happy and alive. I saw my old pets, most of them dead, when they were young pups having their pictures taken constantly, the novelty factor not having work off (we got. A dog!!)

Sometimes it made me feel unreal as if all this wasn't me: I couldn't remember myself, the people, the place, anything and there I was laughing away, wearing clothes that I don't recognise and sporting terrible haircuts I wouldn't want to be seen dead in.

Some other times, though, my heart jumps: a picture works like an electric shock and I go back to the time and the place, I am back there, wherever there is, transported back in time. I am back being my 15 year old self, sporting a terrible haircut and clothes I don't recognise, posing for the camera, being on top of the world.

4 comments:

Αθανασία said...

χαίρομαι που σε βρήκα. είσαι η επιβεβαίωση ότι αν θέλει κανείς κάτι, το μπορεί. Αθανασία (από τα χρόνια του Ρεθύμνου)

Anonymous said...

what's up ladyven.blogspot.com admin found your blog via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://bestwebtrafficservice.com they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic Take care. Mike

Lady V said...

Αθανασία γειά!!! Πως με βρήκες? τι κάνεις εσύ? Ελπίζω να είσαι καλά... Πολλά φιλια!

Αθανασία said...

Γειά σου κορίτσι! Αρχικά, ρώτησα για σένα την Αναγνω..., κάνω μάστερ μαζί της στο Ρέθυμνο, και στη συνέχεια να'ναι καλά το google! Χαίρομαι πάρα πολύ που έχεις πάει τόσο μπροστά, και ελπίζω να μην παραβιάζω το privacy σου (καμιά φορά δε μας αρέσει να μας διαβάζουν όλοι). Να'σαι καλά, και να προοδεύεις!