Friday 24 February 2012

Classic

Just got a taxi to the airport (hallow Belgium) and I finally met the ultimate classic taxi-driver, Greek stylee here in Belfast.

He gave me an analysis of the financial crisis, complete with conspiracy theories about free masons and who controls the federal reserve bank in the states. It was awesome. He said people need to stop paying taxes and we need to bring those bastards down! He also said he lives in the country and grows his own vegetables because soon there will be a time when a potato will cost 100 pounds.

Priceless, I tell you!

And you know what, he could very well be right, I am not taking the piss, it's just that I haven't met such a stereotypical specimen of a taxi-driver since I lived in Greece.

And I had missed it greatly.

No comments: