Wednesday 4 August 2010

Preparing for the winter

Until some years ago, if someone told me that I would be writing a post on preparing for the winter on the 4th of August, I would laugh. But this is not some years ago, and i am not laughing.

The skin is still dark and shiny but it's getting white fast. The feet are dry and the legs need cream all the time. The eyelids are shiny and the hair is light. But the dresses that needlessly travelled back with me will not be worn. The excessive collection of flip flops will be used only for the shower. The sunscreens will expire and smell funny. The ankle bracelets will live in a box. The coral toe nail polish will be forgotten (how silly it looks on the white skin).

But it's not death, it's hibernation. Until the next summer, where i will be frantically looking for my summer gear, my sarongs and my cheap plastic earrings.

Summer, the season of democracy, where plastic jewellery looks good.

And speaking of sunscreen:

No comments: